lee_hon_wai

1. Portable Windows To Go

Windows To Go (WTG) is a new feature in Windows 8 Enterprise Edition that enables USB drive with a complete, managed Windows 8 system image. This USB drive also known as "Windows To Go workspace" can be bootable from any Windows 7 or Windows 8 host computer. It will run a managed Windows 8 system without installing any software on the host computer.

I have extracted from Microsoft guide to show how simple to create such a USB drive. I follow the guide and created myself

Updated 25-02-2013 at 09:34 AM by lee_hon_wai

Tags: windows 8 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    ICT
  2. Dual Boot Windows 8 on Windows 7 Primary Host

You can now install Windows 8 Consumer Preview into a virtual hard disk (VHD) on your existing Windows 7 Host. Your system will dual boot in both Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows 7. You can also choose to install Windows 8 in Oracle VM VirtualBox.

To make this guide easier to read, I will separate it into 3 parts.

Part I
    - Downloading Windows 8 which comes with a Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J. You will be prompted during installation.

Part

Updated 25-02-2013 at 06:22 PM by lee_hon_wai

Tags: windows 8 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    ICT
  3. Joining Mac OS to Windows Active Directory

Mac system can join Windows domain. Please follow the following steps to join your mac to Windows Active Directory.
    One advanage is that any domain user can now log on to the machine without a local account being setup first.
    Just like a Windows OS. I will update more if there are new findings, enjoy the new experience.

Please let me know if you encounter any issue.

1) From Finder, select Apple icon >click Systems Preferences.

2) Under

Updated 25-02-2013 at 06:23 PM by lee_hon_wai

Tags: mac os Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    ICT